A day in my pouch

My yummy post weight loss surgery day of eating...

Breakfast: You guys know I don't do pasta, rice, bread, white potatoes, crackers, or chips post weight loss surgery (my choice) but good complex carbs are still a big part of my diet (for energy, lowering cholesterol, "necessary" fiber if you know ;) what I mean) I just get them from things like veggies, fruits, and foods like oatmeal instead of the useless white stuff and I try and balance my day through meal planning. This was breakfast...

Umpqua Not Guilty Oatmeal No added sugar or salt. Naturally sweetened with apples, blueberries, flax and chia seeds. I added 1 packet of Splenda. Very yummy. Click here to locate a store near you that carries it.

It would be absolutely perfect for post weight loss surgery traveling. Comes in a paper container, you fill it with hot water, put the lid back on and let it steep for 2-3 minutes. So on a plane... perfect. Toss it in your carry-on and ask for hot water when the beverage cart comes round. Sure beats the $7 snack boxes full of poor choices.

Lunch: Made a protein shake. I have a chest freezer I seriously need to defrost very soon, so I'm trying to reduce stock a bit. It's basically filled with frozen fruit. When cherries and strawberries are super cheap I always grab a bunch and freeze them for my protein shakes and smoothies.

Shelly's Peanut Butter & Cherry Protein Shake

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Powdered Peanut Butter (aka Peanut Flour, PB2, defatted Peanut Butter)
1/4 cup Cherries (fresh or frozen)
2-3 cubes of Ice

Whiz in blender till smooth. Top with a squirt Sugar Free Land o Lakes Whipped Cream, optional.

Dinner: Made one of my favorites Philly Cheese Steak Casserole. Nom.

Snacks: Oodles of coffee, a bag of Crunchy Cheese and I'm back on a Fluff Stuff kick. Love this stuff. You remember Jello 123 from the 80's... it's basically like that but better. I made a Lime and Mango version and ate a dollop of it during Top Chef.

Shelly's Margarita Mango Fluff Stuff

1 cup Boiling Water
1 box (4-serving size - the small one) Sugar Free Lime Jello Mix
3 1/2 oz. (half a small container) Greek Yogurt (I used 2% Fage, Plain)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
1 1/2 cups Mango, chopped (fresh or frozen, defrosted)

Pour boiling water slowly over jello mix. Stir till dissolved. Set aside.

Mix yogurt & syrup together till well combined. Add to Jello mixture. Beat with an electric mixer till well combined. I use this gadget.

Place in fridge for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and beat again for 5 minutes till fluffy. Fold in fruit. Put back in fridge and allow to set fully (about 2 hours)

I served a scoop with a squirt SF Whipped Cream. You can use any fruit (fresh, frozen defrosted or canned drained), any Jello flavor, any Torani Syrup flavor.

A pretty darn tasty day.

post signature